Sunday, December 22, 2013

Talker

Emmy's talking continues to explode.  Here are a few recent conversations...

I was working on my computer one day, and Emmy came walking into the office and asked me, "Mommy, want to play Groovy Girls?  Want to play Minnie Mouse?  Please?  Mommy?  Play play?"  How can you say no?!?  Then as we were playing, the Groovy Girls got in trouble and she told them, "You need a time out!"

Emmy was going on the big girl potty and she told me, "Shut door.  Privacy."  No, she's not potty trained yet, but occasionally tells us she has to go potty.  This only works when it's all her idea.  If I mention going on the potty, she tells me, "No thank you."

Emmy is very polite.  She often tells me, "Thank you very much, Mommy."

The girls were playing up in Reese's room one day, and I glanced in to see the following play out...  Reese was in the closet and Emmy would not open the door to let Reese back into the room (not sure why Reese did not just open the door herself).  Reese said, "Emmy, let me in. (paused for awhile obviously thinking)  It is Daddy, not Reese. (pause) It might sound like Reese's voice, but Daddy is here. Let me in."  Emmy could not be fooled and simply responded "No". 

No comments:

Post a Comment